Find the Public Services You Need in Hamilton County
Hamilton County, Indiana is synonymous with world-class school districts, dynamic recreation opportunities, and innovate public safety teams. Composed of eight cities and nine townships, the county is home to 316,737 residents (STATS Indiana, 2016) across 394.30 square miles.
Hamilton County has won a variety of awards and accolades including:
- Blue Ribbon Schools throughout the county,
- U.S. News Best High Schools in three cities (2017),
- Six communities designated Best 10 Please to Live in Indiana (2015),
- Two communities designated Money Magazine’s Best Place to Live (2012, 2018), and
- County Health Rankings (2010-2015).
With all the awards and accolades garnered by the community and cities within, social needs present themselves very differently throughout the county. High housing costs coupled with lack of affordable housing options, lack of mass or centralized transportation, and childcare demands, many families are struggling to make ends meet.
Asking for help can be daunting, and the process of requesting help is often exhausting as families are shuffled from organization to organization. The table below illustrates the top six crises that families in Hamilton County face, and this website will help come alongside families walking them from crisis to contact.